- Created by: Jenny Robinson
- Created on: 12-01-10 17:42
What are the five main leisure quality systems you
The five main quality systems are ( in order of importance!)
- Investors in People
- ISO 9000/9001
The key facts you need to know for each are:
- Why do they exist and what is their purpose?
- How are they assessed?
- What evidence do each require to be submitted?
- What advantages are there to gained from achieving each?
- What drawbacks might be involved in applying for each of them(particularly Quest and Investors)
What is Quest and Why is it important?
Quest is a quality system designed for use in the leisure industry to help sports facilities to benchmark against each other and improve standards.
Without it it would be impossible to assess and judge whether a sports facility or leisure centre is being well managed and it wouldn't be possible to compare centres
Currently the Guildford Spectrum has the highest score with 92% at their last maintenance assessment. This is classified as an excellent score!
It helps centres to see where their strengths and weaknesses lie and to correct these to help them give better customer service.
If a centre can gain a good score and get registered it creates an excellent image of the centre and helps to generate positive publicity and more customer loyalty
It can motivate staff if the assessment is positive as they feel proud and positive about working in a well managed centre