writing to advise
~> You need to understand how the language and the layout make the advise clear and easy to undestand eg;
- advise may be written in many forms like; newspapers, booklets, posters or any other forms.
- there are also verbal advice given by friends or family or any other people you may now well.
~> You also need to know how the language is chosen to suit the audience and the purpose eg;
you need to make sure that you understand the task that is set and you know who the audience is that you have to write to aim at and what the purpose is. You also need to uses apropriate language depending on who the audience is.
writing to argue
When you are writing to argue you have to plan out your arguement by starting with For and Against; you can also use Facts and Opinion.
When you are starting a new paragraph use a connective at the start of the paragraph like howwever, on the other hand and so on.
Overall end your arguement with a conclusion by giveing your own opinion. Use different technique like; in conclusion, perhaps the most important point is... and loads more.
writing to inform
~> Your main purpose is to show your reader certain information as clearly and effectively as possible. You can use:
- clear and straightforward language
- base ideas on fact
- cover the same points
- get straight to the point
- structure the ideas logically
writing to describe
Your aim is to create a picture in your mind with words.
make your ideas intense, include:
- people you have contracted with.
- situation you have encountered
- experiences you have had
- feelings you have experienced through your senses (sight, touch, taste, smell and hearing)
you can also use:
- imagery like metaphor and similie
- various sentence structures
- rythm pattern
writing to explain
- make sure you know what the tasks involves
- be clear what the audience and the purpose of the writing are
- underline the key words and the kew phrases
- write down the ideas you are going to use
- make sure you explain your point clearly and explain it in full detail.