* Deviation from the social norm
* Failure to function
* Deviation from ideal mental health
Psychopathology - explaining mental illness
* Biological * Psychodynamic * Behaviourism * Cognitive
* Biological (drugs) * Psycodynamic (psychoanalysis)* Behavioral* Cognitive ( C.B.T. )
Deviation from social norm.
- Breaking social rules
EXPLICIT - Law
IMPLICIT - Social conventions e.g. personal space
Eccentric - Einstein
Criminal - ****/stealing
Time and culture - Homosexuality
Failure to function.
- Jobs, home, sanitation, friends and hobbies.
Global assesment of functioning scale
- Heavily used
- e.g. Hunger strikes
- Students -> exam anxiety
- How we behave in different cultures is socially acceptably different.