Psychology - Learning
- Learning due to the consequences of behavior, through positive and negative reinforcement
Law of Effect
- If a certain response has pleasant consequences, it is more likely than other responses to occur in the same circumstances
- In thorndikes experiment, a cat was put in a pox with a handle infront of it that would open a door to escape the box when pulled, this was repeated, and the cat soon learnt that it would open the door and this positive reinforcement made it do this.
- He had a skinner box that he put a rat in. The box had a button that would make food come out the bottom of it, for the rat. The rat learnt that this would happen and would start pressing the button.
- This was done again, but the floor was electrified and if the button was pressed it would go back to normal
- Broken down into small steps
- Good to teach complex behaviors to animals and humans
1 of 1
Similar Psychology resources: