Strategies for Memory Improvement
1 of 2
- Method of Loci - associating words with locations in a well known place to help you remember
- Peg Word Technique - Linking words onto words already stored in your memory (e.g. 1,2,3,4,5)
- First letter Muenonics -Using the first letter of each word to create a new sentence. For example learning the plannets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune. You could turn this into: My Volkswagen Eats Mouldy Jam Sandwiches Until Noon
- Mnemonic verses - Little poems that help you remember, encoding acoustically.
- Narrative storites - Linking together items that need remembering to create a story.
2 of 2