- Created by: Kirsten
- Created on: 19-11-11 13:36
- Emits relativly low amounts of CO2.
- Technology is readily available - does not have to be developed.
- It is possible to generate a large amount of electrical power in one power plant.
- Nuclear power needs littlefuel - less vunerable to shortages
- Nuclear power is one of the safest ways to produce energy.
- Generating electricity by nuclear power is a 24/7 operation and is not subject to wind, sun or tides.
- It can be fine tuned to meet public demand
1 of 2
- Produces radioactive waste that remains dangerous for thousands of years.
- We havent produced a reliable method for dealing with radiocative waste.
- Although the risk is small, the consequences of an accident are immense.
- Nuclear power is NOT carbon free
- Nuclear power plants as well as nuclear waste could be preferred targets for terroist attacks.
- You cant build power plants in a short time - it takes 20-30 years
2 of 2