- Bonus Packs: 10% free.
- Demonstrations: At point of sale, like spraying perfum, often expensive.
- Coupons: Money off.
- Sample Packs: Free to encourage people to try.
- 2 for 1: Or buy one get one free.
- Loyalty Cards: To encourage loyalty.
- Merchandise: Positioning products on shelves.
- Price Reduction: Encourages more buyers.
- Competitions: Get interest.
- Point Of Sale Displays: Designed to attract attention.
- After Sales Service: Improves value of product.
WHY USE SALES PROMOTION:
Increased sales - only for a short period of time.
Encourages people to try a products.
A good tool to inject new life into a brand that has reached maturity.
PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR)
"The are of arranging the truth so that people like you."
- Donation to charity
- Press releases
- Open days
Publicity is cheap or free, unlike other forms of promotion.