- Created by: Teegs_Skyee
- Created on: 12-06-20 17:41
Play - definition
Play is one of the most important interactions a child has.
This is where they learn skills such as communications, sharing and cooperation.
This also helps them develop a sense of self.
What does Social Development increase?
In birth, infancy and early childhood the following are INCREASED by Social Development:
- Having siblings
- Felling happy, safe and secure
- Previous positive experience
- Play time
- Interacting - with adults
- Making friends
- Role models
- Nursery/ playgroup/ mother-toddler groups/ infant school
What does Social Development decrease?
In birth, infancy and early childhood the following are DECREASED by Social Development:
- Feeling insecure
- Feeling not safe
- House burglary
- Possible being an only child
- Previous negative experiences
- Adults not interacting/ showing attention