the ruined maid
- " who could have supposed i should meet you in town"
- " cannot quite expect that. you aint ruined said she"
- Attitide towards victorian women
- "and now you've got gay bracelets and bright feathers"
- "little gloves fit as on any lady"
This poem reflects on the two women meeting in town Melia is a prositute now as that is the only way a lower class women can afford finiancial support. While both women envy each other we are led to believe that each women is happy with her choice in life no matter what they may envy of the other one.