- Celebrates the fact that life is exciting
- Describes a room that has gone wild
- Describes a person who feels that the time has come to break away from the predictable.
1 of 6
- A house from which the rooms and their contents are trying to escape.
2 of 6
- Celebration of the fact that life can be unpredictable
- Celebration of personal growth
- The fact that change can be a good, positive, excitingthing
3 of 6
- Free verse
- Present participle
- Appeals to the senses
4 of 6
- Ls4-5 - 'in search of space, light, empty air'
- Ls8-9 - 'corners, chairs...crash through clouds'
- Ls10-11 -'This is the time and place to be alive'
- L14 - 'Pots and pans bang together'
- L16 - 'past the crowd of garlic, onions, spices'
5 of 6
- Origins and cultural identities: Search for my tongue, Unrelated incidents, Presents from my Aunts in Pakistan, Not my business
- Survival in spite of circumstances: Love after love
- Describing places in detail: Presents from my Aunts in Pakistan
6 of 6