- Electromagnetic force is the force experienced by a wire when it is put into a magnetic field.
- It is also called the motor effect.
The force acting on the wire in the motor effect is increased when;
- A stronger magnet is used.
- The current is increased
The force can also be reversed if;
- The current is reversed.
- The magnet is reversed.
1 of 2
- Electromagnetic induction is when a potential difference is induced when a wire cuts through a magnetic field.
- This is also called the generator effect.
The p.d is increased when;
- There are more turns on the coil
- The magnet is replaced by a stronger one.
The p.d is reversed if;
- The poles were swopped around.
2 of 2