Slope on distance time graph represents speed.
- When object stationary graph is horizontal
- Steady speed= sloped but straight line.
- Steeper the line- greater speed
- Returning to start- downwards straight line.
Gradient= change in vertical axis
Change in horizontal
- The gradient on DISTANCE- TIME graph represents speed.
Velocity time graph
Slope on velocity time graph represents acceleration
Distance Travelled= area under velocity time graph.
Velocity= speed with a given direction
- When object is moving at a constant velocity graph is horizontal
- Constant acceleration- sloped line
- Constant decceleration- sloped line downwards
The gradient of a line on a velocity-time graph represents the acceleration of the object. REMBEMBER ALWAYS m/s2
The area- area under the line in a velocity-time graph represents the distance travelled.