- Amplitude - height of a wave.
- Frequency - the number of waves per second. It's measured in hertz (Hz).
- Electromagnetic spectrum - Radio - Microwaves - Infared - Visible light - Ultra Violet - X ray - gamma.
- Waves travel in a vacuum.
- Time = Distance / speed.
- Distance = speed / time.
- Speed = Distance / time
1 of 2
- Heat makes the particles move faster.
- collide into neighbouring particles & they pass on the heat energy.
- Used in double glazed windows & draft excluders.
- Hot air rises and cooler air sinks creating a convection current.
- Only happens in liquids & gases and used in loft insulation.
- Travels by infared radiation. There's no particles between the earth and sun so convection and conduction can't take place.
2 of 2