- Created by: Glenappleby
- Created on: 23-04-16 22:03
The electromagnetic spectrum is a continuous range of wavelengths.
Different types of radiaton have different uses and dangers.
The electromagnetic spectrum from highest to lowest frequency:
- radio waves - used for TV signals - longest wavelenght
- microwaves - used for cooking and mobile phones
- infrared - used for optical fibre communication
- visible light - used for seeing
- ultraviolet - used for detecting forged bank notes
- x-rays - used for medical images of bones
- gamma radiation - used for killing cancer cells - shortest wavelength
1 of 1