Immediate effects on muscles, joints and bones
What are the immediate effects on the bones, joints and muscles when first exercising?
ANSWERS - Immediate effects on muscles, joints and
1. Muscles contract more often
2. Blood flow to muscles increases
3. Muscle temperature rises
4. Little effect on bones and joints
What are the long term effects of regular training
What are the long term effects of regular training on muscles, bones and joints?
Answer - Long term effects of regular training on
1. Muscles increase in size (hypertrophy)
2. Muscular endurance improves
3. Muscles, tendons and ligaments around joints get stronger
4. Joints become more stable and flexibility at joints increases
5. Bone width and density increases
The cardiovascular system
What are the immediate effects on the cardiovascular system when first exercising?
Answer - The cardiovascular system
- Heart contracts more often – increased heart rate.
- Heart contracts more powerfully – increased stroke volume, which is the volume of blood pumped from heart with each beat.
- Blood diverted to muscles, e.g. it is diverted from the digestive system to the muscles.
- Blood temperature rises.
- Blood vessels near skin open to allow heat to be lost.
Effects of regular training on cardiovascular syst
What are the effects of regular training, on the cardiovascular system?
Answer - the effects of regular training, on the c
1. Heart muscle increases in size and strength.
2. Cardiac output increases. Cardiac means relating to the heart so this is the amount of blood that the heart pumps out to the body.
3. Lower resting heart rate, quicker recovery from exercise.
4. Reduced risk of heart disease.
5. Increased number of capillaries in muscles.
6. Increased volume of blood and red blood cells.