The Equation for Photosynthesis
This is the Equation for Photosynthesis
(Sunlight and Chlorophyll)
Carbon Dioxide + Water ---------------> Glucose + Oxygen
4 things that are needed for photosynthesis to take place...
1) Light = mostly from the sun.
2) Chlorophyll = the green substance inside a plant cell which a) turns the color of the leaf green and b) uses the energy from sunlight to combine Carbon dioxide and Water to create Glucose, Oxygen is just a by-product of this reaction.
3) Carbon Dioxide = enters the leaf from the the air around the plant.
4) Water = Comes from the soil up through the roots and stem and into the leaf.
The Rate of Photosynthesis
Limiting Factors in Photosynthesis
- At night, light is the limiting factor.
- In winter, its mostly the temperature thats the limiting factor.
- If its warm and bright, the amount of the co2 is often the limiting factor.