Son Of Man
- the paralised man; 'The son of a man has authority on earth to forgive sins.
- Trail before the council;
- Jesus uses this title 14 times thoroughout the gospel.
- Means 'I'
- OT title, Book of Daniel - Idea of being sent by God.
- Power and authority over nature - healing.
1 of 4
Son of God
- Baptism and temptation of Jesus - ' You are my own dear son, I am pleased with you.
- Transfiguration : ' This is my own dear son, listen to him.'
- God identifies Him
- Tells us he has power and authority
- Idea of God's love for humanity - willing for own son to live + die.
- Concept of trinity - Father, son, Holy spirit.
- OT - Book of isiah ( suffering servant)
2 of 4
Christ / Messiah / son of David.
- Prter's declaration of faith ' You are the messiah'
- Entry to Jerusalem
- Crist : greek
- Messiah : Hebrew
- both mean annointed/chosen one.
- Sent by God - He has power and authority
- Idea of spiritual leader or a warrior king - both due to set Israel free
Son of David
- Idea of royalty/power.
- OT - Zechariah (spelling? ) the entry to Jerusalem
3 of 4
- Feeding of the 5000 - His heart was filled with pity for they they looked like sheeps without a sheperd.
- The parables;
- sums up his passages /titles.
- Sent by God
- Power and authority
- Sums up the message of the gospel ' Good news' &' word of God'
- OT - Isiah
4 of 4