understanding the problem
- Pick out the information that is needed and what is not.
- Think about the unknowns and what it is you need to find out.
1 of 4
Devising a plan
- look at similar problems and there solutions to see if they can be adapted to yours
- look for patterns
- make tables, diagrams and equations
2 of 4
Carrying out the plan
- check each step as you go
- keep a record of what you have done
3 of 4
- check the results and make sure they make sense
- make sure you have fully solved the problem and not just a small amount of it
4 of 4