non-fiction texts- make a LIST
LIST stands for:
- Is the language persuasive, informative, descriptive, childish or adult?
- Is the language emotive?
- Does it make you feel angry or sad?
- Does the writer address you directly?
Is the information in the document factual, a series of the writer’s opinions, or a mixture of the two?
- Is the document long and wordy with few pictures?
- Is it written in short paragraphs with lots of pictures?
- Is it written in bullet points?
- Is it interesting or eye-catching to look at?
- Is it a leaflet?
This is linked to language. Imagine how you would read this document aloud. Do you need a serious, humorous, sad or angry tone of voice?