Satellites & Vectors - Questions
- Why are geostaionary satellites placed in an orbit that takes 24 hours?
- Compare the force on a satellite 40,000Km above the Earth with one 80,000Km above the earth.
- Compare the height of a polar orbit satellite to the height of a geostationary satellite.
- Show what the approximate speed of a low polar obrit is 7.5Km/s. Assume radius of Earth is 6400Km.
- Which of these are scalar quantities:Mass, temperature, force, acceleration and volume?
- What is the resultant of two perpendicular forces of 9N and 12N?
- A renault Espace accelerates from 0-30M/s in 3s. How far does the car travel in that time ?
1 of 3
Projectile motion & Momentum - Questions
- Heaver serces at tennis, striking the ball horizontally. What is the horizontal acceleration of the ball as it crossed the court to her opponent?
- As heather serves, the tennis ball is 2.45m above the ground. The serve beats her opponent, how long is the ball in the air before it hits the ground?
- A golf ball has a mass of 45.9g. Calculate the force acting on it when its in flight.
- Calculate the momentum of a 0.15Kg cricket ball travelling at 30M/s.
- Calculate the force on a 55Kg pssenger if a seat belt takes 0.75s to bring her to rest from an intial velocity of 18M/s.
- When a parachutist lands, he bends his legs. Explain why.
2 of 3
Satellite communication & Nature of waves.
3 of 3