- Created by: Ella Addison1
- Created on: 14-06-15 09:42
- How far something goes.
- measure speed we need the distance it went and time it took.
- an average speed is, initial speed + final speed/2
- Acceleration how quickly speed changes
1 of 7
- distance-time graph, steeper slope=faster object moving
- distance-time graph, speed=gradient
- distance-time graph, curved line=object accelerating or decelerating.
- speed-time graph, flat line= steady speed
- speed-time graph, acceleration=gradient
- speed-time graph, area under line=distance travelled
2 of 7
- velocity=speed including direction.
- push car, smaller mass+bigger force=bigger acceleration
- forces act in pairs- every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction
3 of 7
- made up of two parts, thinking and braking.
- thinking, how far travelled whilst reacting, can be increased by drinking and tierdness.
- braking, how far travelled whilst car breaking,increased by worn tyers, slippery or icey roads.
4 of 7
- Work, measure energy used.
- Power, how quickly energy is used.
- car stops, all work done by breaks=kinetic energy lost
- car= more fuel used if bigger engine or drive uphill or have to stop-start your journey.
- smaller fuel consumption in liters/100km further can drive on tank of petrol
- kenetic energy linked to speed^2, double speed braking distance quadrouples.
- crashes, kinetic energy in car=0
- energy cant be made or destroyed but wasted through heat and sound.
- Rollercosters potentional gravitational energy at start= kinetic energy lost at end unless energy is lost.
5 of 7
- modern cars designed to absorb the energy through seatbelts, crumple zones and air bags.
- Car design aims to increase time for impact, reduces deceleration and force acting on you
- primary safty features prevent crash such as ABS, traction control
- secondary safty features, prevent with safty cage, crumple zone and paddle shift gears.
- passive safty features, consentrate, electric windows, cruise control, paddle shift gears.
- ABS=anti-locking braking system, controls wheel speed by computer stops skidding for shorter stopping distance.
6 of 7
- Weight=force by gravity 10 newtons for every kilogram on earth.
- All objects fall at same rate 10m/s^2
- Terminal velocity= maximum speed falling object can go, where weight =air resistance
- reduce resistance by streamlining.
7 of 7