Distance time graphs
- shows the motion of a body from the starting point against the time taken.
- the slope line represents the speed
- The D,S, T triangle. Speed = distance/time
- Speed is in m/s , metres per second
- Distance is Always in metres
- Time is Always in seconds
- Steeper the line = Greater the speed
- When the line is straight = Stationary body
Velocity time graphs
- Velocity is Speed in a given Direction.
- the slope line represents the acceleration
- The V, A, T triangle , remember the change in velocity so highest - lowest
- Accelertation is in m/s squared
- When the line is straight = Constant speed
- Sloping line = Acceleration
- When the line is going the other way, negative = Deceleration
- the Area underneath is the distance travelled.