Order of Planets
In order, getting further away from the sun;
- gravity, or gravitational attraction, makes the planets orbit the sun, and keeps the solar system together
- gravity makes planets orbit stars, and moons orbit planets, etc.
- the pull of gravity on objects gets smaller the further away you get
- gravity is what makes the Earth change its course from a straight line into a circular orbit.
- circular motion is always caused by a force towards the centre of the circle.
- called a CENTRIPETAL FORCE.