- Created by: ghanshyam
- Created on: 10-04-15 16:38
The Solar System
- The Star of our Solar system is the Sun.
- The are eight planets in our Solar System are spherical and have nearly circular orbits around the sun.
- The four planets closest to the sun are solid rock; the four outer planets are gas giants, which have their individual number of moons
- Asteriods are irregular lumps of rock, mostly orbit between Mars and Jupiter.
- Comets are small objects made of rocks and ice, witha elongated orbit around the sun.
- Dwarf planets, such as Pluto, are small lumps of rock that orbit around the sun.
- 99% of the Solar System's mass is the Sun.
The Universe: distance and sizes
- The Sun is one of thousands of millions of stars in the Milky Way.
- The Milky Way is one of thousands of millions of galaxies which make up the Universe.