Osmosis - Biology Revision
KEY FACTS ABOUT OSMOSIS:
- Osmosis is the movement od water molecules across a partially permeable membrane from a region of high water concentration to a region of low water concentration.
- Osmosis is the passive movement of water particles from an area of high water concentration to an area of low water concentration.
- A partially permeable membrane is one that will only let some types of particles through e.g water, but not others e.g solute like sugar.
- DILUTE = High concentration of water, low concentration of solute
- CONCENTRATED = Low concentration of water, high concentration of solute
1 of 1