White Rose Group
-Sudents at Munich Universty
-The Leader was Professor Kurt Huber
-Hans and Sophie Scholl
-Used a printing press to make leaflets and secertly spread them around the school
-Caught by caretaker
-Arrested by Gestapo
-Toured and exucuted
- Sophie had her legs broken and was made to walk to the noose
-There was Socialist and Communists
-Didn't work together
-They were discovered by the Gestapo and thousands were sent to concentration camps
Within Army- July Plot
- Took Place 20th July at a meeting in the Wolf's Lair
-Code name was Valkyrie
- Colonel Claus von Staffenburg, a senior officer in the army, left a Breif case under a table at a meeting with a bomb inside it.
-When Hitler arrived, Staffenburg left the room and the bomb exploded.
-Four people were killed.
-Hitler suffered minor injuries.
-Staffenburg was excuted
Result: 5,000 people suspected to be part of the plot were executed, inculding army generals.
-The Confessing Church was formed by Martin Niemöller in 1934
- 6,000 ministers left the Nazi chruch, leaving 2,000 behind in the National Reich Church.
-This was a challenge to the Nazis.
- Around 800 ministers were arrested and sent to concentration camps.
-Martin Niemöller was sent to concentration camps for 7 yrs (until 45)
Bonhoeffer, Protestant minister- He opposed the Nazis' policies on racism
-He was in contact with the Allies, organsing a resitance
-Aressted in 1943
-2 years ealier he had helped 14 Jews to escape to switzerland
-He was executed at Flössenburg concentration camp during the final month of the war (1945)