Sheridan and King (1972)
- Punished puppy with electrical shocks when it made errors.
- Taught it to do a discrimination task.
- Participants could see and hear its squeels.
- Odourless anaesthetic was released into the puppys cage, making it fall asleep.
- Participants reminded it was because the puppy refused to learn.
- 75% of participants delivered the maximum shock.
1 of 2
- 3 male researchers gave orders to 153 random pedestrians of new york.
- 3 dress styles of the researches: Suit and tie, milk man, guard.
- Orders such as "pick up this bag".
- 80% obeyed the guard.
- 40% obeyed the milk man and the civilian.
2 of 2