- Created by: RosheenOH
- Created on: 20-11-16 16:58
The splittimg up of a big atomic Nuclei.
- Nuclear Reactors generate electricity in nuclear power stations.
- Inside the reactor, a controlled chain reaction takes place, and the nucleus is split up, releasing energy in the form of heat.
- Heat is used to heat up water, creating steam to turn a turbine.
- The turbine is connected to an electricty generator.
Often, the fuel used for splitting up is Uranium-235, Plutonium-239 or a combination of both.
1 of 1