- behave differently depending on conditions such as temperature
- nitinol is a 'shape memory alloy'
- metal alloy of titanium and nickel
- when cool you can bend and twist it- bend it too far and it stays bent
- when its heated above a certain temperature it will go back to remembered shape. eg:glasses frames when bent can be put in hot water and theyll go back to to their shape.
- braces also contain nitinol as it warms in the mouth and tries to return to original shape by pulling the teeth forward.
1 of 2
- contain roughly a few hundred atoms
- fullerness: molecules of carbon shaped like hollow balls or closed tubes
- carbon atoms are arranged in hexagonal rings
- huge surface area so good for catalysts
- nanoparticles can make sensors to detect a specific molecule
- stronger lighter building material
- sun tan cream or deodrant as the small particles dont leave white marks
- nanomedicines as the fullerness pf nano particles makes them easier to be absorbed by the body
2 of 2