- NATO stands for National Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
- NATO was founded in 1949.
NATO's role is to safeguard the freedom and security of its memebers through political and military means
- NGO stands for National Governmental Organisation
- It was first called in article 71 in the charter of the newly formed United Nations in 1945.
They can work to promote social or political change on a broad scale or very locally.Improves communities, promotes citizenship participation and develops society
- The UN stands for United Nations
- The UN was set and formed 24/10/1945
The UN's role is to keep peace between nations and maintain security.
- The EU stands for European Union
- The EU was formed 1 November 1993, Maastricht, Netherlands.
The EU's role is to prevent wars and promote trade
- The WTO stands for World Trade Organsation
- The WTO was formed 01/01/1995
It is the only global international organisation dealing with the rules of trade between nations. Its purpose is it ensure that global trade commences smoothly freely and predictably.
Council of Europe
Council Of Europe
- The Council of Europe was formed 5 May 1949, London.
The Council Of Europe protects human rights, democracy and rule of law in Europe and promoting european culture. Its role is to achieve a greater untiy between its members for the purpose of safeguarding.
A pressure group is when groups of people come together to put pressure on the government and bring a change in policy.
A single issue pressure group is when they campaign about one thing. A Muti-issue pressure group campaign about multiple things.
- The Commonwealth was formed 11 December 1931.
- It is a voluntery intergovernmental association of 53 member states.
The Commonwealths role is to promote human rights and democracy.