- Created by: ellieedf
- Created on: 21-05-20 17:07
The following are types of Operational System Warnings
- Electricity Margin Notice
- High Risk of Deamd Reduction - at times where there is insufficient margin to meet operating reserve requirements
- Demand Control Imminent - issued before demand reduction actions are taken
- Risk of System Disturbance - often localised warning e.g. a severe storm
- Cancellation of a GB System Warning
These are issued by fax and BM reprorts website but can also be seen on STDT.
The following are types of System Margin Warnings NG could issue
- Capacity Market Notice
- System Stress Event
Capacity Market Notice
NG must publish a Capacity Market Warning when:
- This is triggered where the volume of available generation above forecast demand and Operating Margin is less than 500MW.
- NG issue a Demand Reduction instruction or emergency manual disconnection
- An automatic low frequency demand disconnection takes place
Notices are initially issed 4 hours ahead of when the problem is foreseen.
- Call the stations and ask if its possible to delay any ROTA's
- Ask if the themral plants could produce any more
- Log calls
- Check trading position
- Email the relevant people about the warning and keep them informed.
- Operational System Warning = ^ElectricitySystemNotice
-Capacity Margin Notice and System Stress Event = ^Capacity_Market_Notifications and avon metals