- Created by: hollywoodthings1996
- Created on: 11-06-15 18:08
- the exoskeleton couldn't grow but at various times would be shed, a process called ecdysis.
- the exoskeleton fractured along lines of weakness, such as the facial suture.
- facial suture: this seperated the fixed cheek from the free cheek along the visual surface of the eye.
- the animal was then able to free itself.
- after there would have been a period of rapid growth, before the new exoskeleton was completely formed.
- ecdysis left the animal vulberable to predators as the skeleton was temporaryily flexible to allow stretching to accomodate a larger animal.
1 of 1
Similar Geology resources: