Why was Joseph smith so significant?
- An angel told him to find engraved gold plates . He transated the plates and put it in the book of the mormons
- he was the first leader of the mormons too
Beliefs of mormons and - attitudes towards them:
- Polygamy - seen as wrong and as bad as slavery
- Able to convert people to their faith - fears of rapid expansion and annoed non converters.
- Politics made church leaders have more power
- Property was owned by church, no right to individual ownership
- People of God and were belved to be the chosen people of God in heaven and on earth -made them look arogant
- Worked as a community - annoyed mom mormons becuase it made them wealthy
- mormons disagreed with slavery - raged slave owners
1 of 1
Similar History resources: