1)What is the periodic table divided into?
2) What is the position of an element related to?
3)What do atoms bond using?
4)Metals form ________ compounds.
5)Non Metals form __________ compounds.
1)metals and non metals Key Words
2) its atomic structure particles, atoms , element,
3) atoms bond using electrons group, period,
4)ionic compounds atomic number & structure
5) covalent compounds
1)Name some advantages and disadvantages with limestone quarrying.
2)Limestone is thermally decomposed into what?
3)Further reactions make useful products like ...
1)advantages- jobs , better roads, recreational facilities, health care facilities
disadvantages- discolour landscape, noise, dust pollute enviroment,traffic congestion
2)Limestone is thermally decomposed into quicklime and CO2.
3) glass , cement
cement, clay, kiln, concreate, mortar, glass, sand, sodium carbonate
quicklime, calcium oxide, CO2, slaked lime, calcium hydroxide, limewater
1) Less reactive metals are extracted ( reduced) using carbon in a what?
2) More reactive metals are extracted using what?
3) Titanium extraction uses ___________ with sodium or magnesium?
4) Metals are ______ to improve their properties
1) Blast furnace KEY WORDS
2) Electrolysis iron, raw matierials, coke,
3) Displacement displaced, strong , easy to shape
4) Alloyed low density, shape memory, heat
Crude Oil ( Petroleum)
1) Crude oil is seperated using ____________
2) Hydrocarbons are compounds made of ONLY ___________ & _________
3) Alkanes have the general formula ___________
4) Alkanes burn to give CO2 and water which causes _____________
5) Sulphur impurities burn to give sulphur dioxide cause _____ ______
1) Fractional Distillation KEY WORDS
2) Hydrogen and Carbon hydrocarbons, boiling,
3) CnH2n+1 vapourised, acid rain, SO2
4) Global warming fractional distillation, CO2
5) Acid Rain
New Substances from Crude Oil
1) cracked KEY WORDS
2) unsaturated , carbon-carbon double alkenes, double bond,
3) polymers, long unsaturated, reactive,
4) biodegradable ethanol, ethene
Plants Oils and Food Additives
1) Plants contain useful natural ____.
2) Vegetable oils can be hardened by reacting _______.
3)Food additives are identified by what?
1) Oils KEY WORDS
2) Hydrogen hydrogen, hardened, oils
3) "e" numbers emulsion, chromatography
1)The earth has a ________ structure. It includes.....
2) Volcanoes and ____________ occur at the boundaries of moving plates.
3) The earths atmosphere has changed over _______ of years.
4) Many of the original gases were from _________.
5) Clobal warming increased due to ____.
1) layered , crust , mantle, inner and outer core. KEY WORDS
2) earthquakes crust , mantle , core
3) millions plates , boundaries,
4) volcanoes continents , shapes,
5) CO2 Pangaea, alfred wegner