What does MIDI mean?
MIDI Stands for:
Musical Instrument Digital Interface
What does MIDI do?
MIDI is a divice that conects an instrument, such as the keyboard, to a hardwear computer.
This is so that when you play the keybord or instrument, you will be playing it directly into the computer.
State some advantages of using virtual instrumentd
1) It lowers the cost as you will not have to hire musicians to play for you.
2) You can increase the size of the instrumentation as you can pick and play any instrument by using MIDI on the keyboard.
3) You can be flexibal with mistakes and you can experiment with diffrent type of tunes, chords and instruments as you can easily errase things and it will not cost you any money.
4) It is also easy to use as you do not have to particually play an instrument.
List the 5 different MIDI controllers, Explain wha
1) Velocity- The messurment of how rapidly and forcefully a key is hit and the how quickly the key comes up.
2) Volume- The amount of sound produced
3) Pitch- How high or low a note is
4) Sequencer- which store and retrieve MIDI data and send the data to MIDI enabled instruments in order to reproduce a performance.