- Created by: Roisin
- Created on: 30-05-13 16:21
What is in MIDI data?
-Transmits commands, NOT audio signals
-Provids info bout events, such as:
-Note on, note off, pitch bend, sustain pedal etc
-Use Bin data just like computer
-2 numerical values 1 and 0 (on and off)
Why was it created?
-large no' of musical instrument manufactrs together for 1st time
- answer to frustration of having mre thn 1 musical interface & format (music creation, sharing and collaboration hard)
-1985 almost every keyboard type instrument had a MIDI interface
What is a MIDI message?
- A MIDI message: bytes combined together 2 create a command
- 2 types MIDI message, channel and system.
- Chan messages related 2 performance of MIDI info
- Syst messages deal with system . Not sent through channels