1. Equipment is sterilised to kill any microorganisms.
2. Milk is then pasteurised to 72 degrees celsius to kill any more.
3. Starter culture of Lactobacillus is added. Mixture is heated to allow the first fermentation reaction.
4. Bacteria ferment Lactose sugar into lactic acid. This causes the milk to solidify into yoghurt and lowers the p H.
5. Finally colours and flavourings are added, and yoghurt is packaged.
Soy Sauce Production
1. Cooked soy beans and roasted wheat are mixed together.
2. Mixture is fermented by Aspergillus fungus.
3. Mixture is then fermented by Yeasts.
4. And once again fermented by Lactobacillus Bacterium.
5. The liquid is filtered of any sediment.
6. Then pasteurised to kill microorganisms and put into sterile bottles.