- Created by: naomi thompson
- Created on: 02-06-11 15:17
"Meta"= Greek for above or beyond.
- looks beyond ethical theories
- look at the language terms used in ethical theories
- differs to normative ethics
- NORMATIVE ETHICS =gives us a guide for moral behaviour and tells us what is right or wrong
- Its a branch of moral philosphy as it looks at the way inwhich people use the language of morals
- It does look at normative ethics, but tries to understand the terms used.
1 of 3
meta ethics raises questions
- what does right and wrong mean?
- are we expresing opinions?
- philosphers try to answer = debates
- moral realists = there are subjective truths in the world = exsisit independently of us. Properties like "wicked" or "Kind" are real properties of a person. like rough and smooth are physical properties objercts
- this view = related to cognitive labguage.
2 of 3
Meta ethics -related theories
3 of 3