MEMORY:- SYSTEM OF RETAINING INFO
3 stages (processes) of memory
1) ENCODING --> putting into memory
- transforming sensory input... so it can be registered into memory....
- theres diff ways of encoding diff material i.e. sound/ vision/ meaning
2) STORAGE --> maintaining in memory
process of retaining/holding info into mem untill you need it
3) RETRIEVAL --> recover from memory
- finding info thats been stored... extracting it from memory making us consciously aware of it.
1 of 1
Similar Psychology resources: