Standard Deviation - the measure of spread or variability of a set of scores from the mean. The larger the deviation the larger the spread of scores.
- more sensitive despersion measure than range as all scores are used.
- allows for interpretation of an indivudual score.
- more complicated to calculate
- less meaningful if data are not normally distrubuted
Mean - add up all the scores the divide by the number of scores.
- most accurate
- includes all the information
- not one of the original scores