- Draw reflections, translations, rotations & enlargements.
- draw each corner of the shape then join together
- if a there is a diagonal reflection count the squares diagonally away from the mirror line
- Describe each transformation:
- reflection-equation of the line of symmetry e.g. x=1
- rotation-centre of roation e.g. (4,5) -- anti/clockwise -- angle e.g. 90o.
- translation-(move the shape) (top number left or right, bottom number up or down) minus=down/left +=up/right. Vector e.g. (4/2).
- enlargement- scale factor e.g. 2 -- C.O.E e.g. (2,3)
- If S.F. is smaller that 1 the shape will become smaller.If the S.F. is negative it will go to the left side/other side of the C.O.E.
1 of 5
Similarity and Congruence
Congruence- same size, same shape.
- SSS- side, side, side.
- SAS- side, angle, side.(the angle MUST be between the two side)
- AAS- angle, angle, side. (Side MUST be corrosponding on both)
- RHS- right angle, hypotenuese, side.
Similarity- same shape, different size ,enlargement.
2 of 5
- Mutually exlusive- outcomes are mutually exclusive if they cannot happen at the same time e.g. the probability of rolling a 2 and a odd number at the same time on a dice is mutually exclusive.
- If the question says whats is the probability of getting a jack AND a queen you 'x' the fractions together.
- If the question say what is the probability of getting a jack OR a queen you '+' the fractions together.
- For tree diagrams id the question says john repalced the ball then the fractions will stay the same on all branches.
- If its says he didnt replace them then you will minus it away from the demoniator (and the top if needed) e.g 9/10 red balls, john picks a red ball out and doesnt put it back he then picks another one- meaning the next branch would be 8/9.
- TREE DIAGRAMS.
- When adding make sure the denominator stays the same.
- PACK OF CARDS:52
3 of 5
# = theta
- SOH---sin # =opp/hyp
- CAH---cos # =adj/hyp
- TOA--- tan # =opp/adj
- Make sure your caculator is in the D mode.( SHIFT--MODE--3)
- Steps to solve trig problems=
- 1. sketch triangle
- 2. label- hyp(opposite right angle), opp(opposite theta) , adj(the one left).
- 3.choose formulae (MUST WRITE THE FORMULAE RULE)
- 4. subsitute in numbers
- If you are finding the theta you must use: sin-1, cos-1, tan-1.
DO NOT ROUND ANYTHING UNTIL FINAL ANSWER.
4 of 5
- Pythagoras theorem-C2=A2+B2.
- Steps to Pythagoras theorem:
- 1. sketch and label.
- 2. write-C2=A2+B2
- 3. Find the hypotenuse.
- 4. sun in numbers.
- 5. solve
- Pythagorean triples-- main ones-- 3,4,5--5,12,13--8,15,17--2,24,25.
- Multiple of the pythagoras triples--3,4,5= 6,8,10 + 9,12,15 + 30,40,50. 5,12,13= 10,24,26 + 50,120,130.
- Pythagoras questions on graphs-
- 1. plot points
- 2. join point together
- 3.count the the spaces between the co-ordinates to get the length(do not count hypotenuse)
- 4. USE PYTHAGOREAS TO WORK OUT THE HYP.
- If the hyp already has a marked length use - C2-B2=A2
- 3D pythagoras-bbc bitesize
5 of 5