Five Angle Rules
1) Angles in a traingle add up to 180 degrees- a + b + c = 180 degrees.
2) Angles on a straight line add up to 180 degrees- a + b + c = 180 degrees.
3) Angles in a quadrilateral add up to 360 degrees- a + b + c + d = 360 degrees. A quadrilateral is a four-sided shape.
4) Angles round a point add up to 360 degrees- a + b + c+ d = 360 degrees.
5) Isosceles traingles have two sides the same and two angles the same- In an isosceles traingle, you only need to know one angle to be able to find the other two.
Compass Directions and Bearings
Compass directions- North (N), North-East (NE), East (E), South-East (SE), South (S), South-West (SW), West (W) and North-West (NW).
Bearings-The 3 Key Words:
1) " From"- Find the word " From" in the question, and put your pencil on the diagram at the point you are going " from".
2) North Line- At the point you are going FROM, draw in a North Line.
3) Clockwise- Now draw in the angle CLOCKWISE from the NORTH LINE to the line joining the two points- this angle is the bearing.