When choosing paper or board.......
take into account
- brightness - whiteness
What is paper measured in?
GSM - grams per square metre
Board is measured in.......
What are the advanatges of using recycled paper?
Kinder to the enviroment - 34% of trees cut down are for paper manufacturing
Energy saving as less raw materials are being processed
Companies like to be seen as being greener
What are the disadvantages of recycling paper
- Harmful chemical to the enviroment such as bleach are used to whiten the paper
- Not as strong as virgin paper
- More expensive to make than virgin paper
Inkjet / Photo paper
- Special high gloss or matt coating with a quick drying surface for the ink
- Used for photos or presentations
Board - (Card)
230 - 750 microns
A more ridgid surface to print onto
Used for model making
- 230 - 1000 microns
- Boards are often made from many layers & materials - eg aluminium foil to keep drinks cool.
- High quality printing surface
- Used for packaging
750 - 3000 microns
Thick coloured ridgid board
Model making & high quality picture mounting
3000 - 5000 microns
Strong & lightweight
Point of Sale stands
4000 - 7000 microns
A composite board consisting of 2 outer layers of high quality card & a central layer of foam
Point of Sale stands & Presentation Boards
Solid Bleached Board - SBB
Highest quality white top printable surface
Used for perfume & chocolate packaging
Folding Box Board ( FBB)
White top layer with a cream bottom layer
Used for toys & games packaging.