- 12 And on the first day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the Passover lamb, his disciples said to him, "Where will you have us go and prepare for you to eat the Passover?" 13And he sent two of his disciples and said to them, "Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him, 14and wherever he enters, say to the master of the house, 'The Teacher says, Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' 15And he will show you a large upper room furnished and ready; there prepare for us." 16And the disciples set out and went to the city and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared the Passover.
And when it was evening, he came with the twelve. 18And as they were reclining at table and eating, Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me, one who is eating with me." 19They began to be sorrowful and to say to him one after another, "Is it I?" 20He said to them, "It is one of the twelve, one who is dipping bread into the dish with me. 21For the Son of Man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born."
- Jesus took PJJ high up a mountain as they looked on, a change came on to Jesus and his clothes turned whiter than whit.
- then the three disciples saw Elijah and Moses talking with Jesus.
- "Teacher, how good is it that we are here! we will set up three tents, one for you, one for Elijah and one for Moses" The disciples were scared.
- Then a cloud came over them and it shadowed them. Then a loud voice from the cloud said "this is my own dear son, Listen to him".
- They look around to find only Jesus.
- On the way back down the mountain Jesus tells them, "do not tell anyone of this until the son of man has risen from death".
- Widow at the Treasury- Mark 12:41-44
The Widow's OfferingJesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts.But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.
They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything— all she had to live on.