- Japans economy is growing rapidly.
- They are a major power
- They have a strong industry but exporting goods to USA and China.
- It has a growing Empire.
- The depression hit japan badly
- USA and China put the trade barriers up - this put japanease people into crisis - they couldnt afford to feed their people
- Army leaders decided to build up the japanease empire by force.
1 of 2
- They claimed that chinease soliders had sabataged the south manchurian raliways (that japan owned) - they retaliated by over running Manchuria, throwing out all chinease forces.
- They set up 'Manchkuo' - a puppet government in manchuria
- Later that year japanease planes and gunships bombed Shang hai.
- The Army ignored the Japanease civilians orders to stop
- China appealed to the LON but japan argued that as China had no goverment they invaded to settle a small difficulty
- After a while the LON came back with a report stating Japan had acted unlawfully.
- Japan left the LON
2 of 2