- Created by: GD2016
- Created on: 10-03-16 18:09
What is a magnetic field?
A magnetic field is a region where magnetic materials such as iron, experience a force upon them.
The magnetic Field around a coil of wire
- Coil wrapped around the outside of the magnet
- If the current stops, the magnetic field disappears
- A magnet whose magnetic field can be turned on or off is called an electromagnet
Magnetic field strength
To increase the srength of the magnetic field, you could...
- Add a magnetically 'soft' iron core
- Increase the current
Electromagnet use in real life- Example
Electromagnets are used in some cranes, in order to lift metal and deposit it elsewhere.