- Created by: Rebecca Gallacher
- Created on: 12-01-15 16:39
- Tension from revolution removed.
- Charles X kept the throne for only 6 years because he was irresponsible.
- Supported capable ministers.
- Ensured government finances were stable.
- Paid off indemnity in 1818, troops withdrawn.
- Effective system for controlling government spending.
- Successful foreign venture but gained little popularity.
- Victorious in invading Spain to free the King Ferdinand VII.
- Stuck to the charter.
- Changed electoral system.
1 of 2
- Identified with enemies of France.
- Small mistakes eg. changing the flag back and calling himself King of the French.
- Second Treaty of Paris - humiliating - couldn't re-establish himself.
- High taxation.
- Lacked grace and charm.
- Went to war with Spain - restoring a bad ruler.
- Weak leader - fled to Ghent.
- Got rid of thousands of civil servicemen and government officials - lost jobs they worked hard for.
- Couldn't resist pressure from the Ultras.
- Moved towards extremism.
2 of 2
Similar History resources: