- A movement which campaigned for freedom of the French Church from Papal influence.
- The Pope would remain the figurehead of the church, but the King and bishops would have more independence.
- The Pope's power in France would be reduced
1 of 5
- The Society of Jesus
- Promoted the Church of Rome, influenced by Louis
2 of 5
- French Protestants who followed Calvinism.
- Disliked by Louis and persecuted
3 of 5
- A group of Catholics who believed that grace of God alone could save people, not the church.
- Distrusted by Louis and persecuted
4 of 5
- A mystical movement which was supported by Louis' second wife Madame de Maintenon.
- It involved stillness and meditation in order to be at one with God
5 of 5