- Created by: Akgcses2k19
- Created on: 09-05-19 12:45
- "Guys like us, that work on ranches, are the loneliest guys in the world...with us i ain't like that. We go a future. We got somebody to talk to that gives a damn about us."
- "Ain't many guys travel together...the hands...get their bunk and work a month, and then they quit and go out alone."
- "Never seen to give a damn about nobody."
- "I seen the guys that go around on the ranches alone. That ain't no good...they get mean."
- "S'pose you didn't have nobody."
- "Think I don' like to talk to somebody ever' once in a while."
- "Nobody never gets to heaven and nobody gets no land."
- "Why can't i talk to you? I never get to talk to nobody. I get awful lonely."
- "Ain't I got a righ to talk to nobody?"
- "A guy goes nuts if he ain't got nobody."
- "A guy on a ranch don't ever listen nor he don't ast no questions."
- "I never seen one guy take so much trouble for another guy."
1 of 5
- "his arms gradually bent a he elbows and his hands closed into fists"
- "glove's full of Vaseline...Says he's keeping that hand soft for his wife"
- "I'm gonna shoot the guts outta that big son-of-a-***** myself, even if I only got one hand."
- "Curley lashed his body around"
- "I'll get that big son-of-a-***** myself."
- "Curley was flopping like a fish."
- "someimes I'd like to bust him myself"
- "he's done quite a bit in the ring. He's a lightweight, and he's handy."
- "Sure I got a husband. You all senn him. Swell guy ain't he?"
- "Seems like Curley ain't givin'nobody a chance."
- "this Curley punk is gonna get hurt if he messes around with Lennie."
- "high-heeled boots"
- "I don't like Curley. He ain't a nice fella."
2 of 5
- "His tone...invited confidence"
- "All talk stopped when he spoke"
- "slow speech...understanding beyond thought"
- "hands...delicate...as those of a temple dancer."
- "hatchet face"
- "his authority was so great"
- "moved with a majesty only achieved by royalty and master craftsmen."
- "don't need to wear no high-heeled boots"
- "a jerkline skinner"
- "'never you mind.'said Slim.'A guys got to sometimes.'"
- "gravity in his manner"
- "prince of the ranch"
- "calm, Godlike eyes"
- "An' s'pose they lock him up an' strap him down and put him in a cage. That ain't no good, George."
- "'He ain't mean.'said Slim.'I can tell a mean guy from a mile off.'"
3 of 5
- "He done quie a bit in the ring. He's a lightweight, and he's handy."
- "he said he was gonna put me in the movies. Says I was a naural."
- "I think i knowed from the very first. I think i knowed we'd never do her."
- "The thing they had never really believed in was coming true."
- "Someday- we're gonna get the jack ogether and we're gonna have a little house and a couple of acres an' a cow and some pigs...An' live off he fatta the lan'."
- "...If you...guys would want a hand to work for nothing- just his keep, why I'd come an' lend a hand. I ain't so crippled I can't work like a son-of-a-***** if is want to."
4 of 5
- "If you don' want me I can go off in the hills an' find a cave. I can go away any time."
- "'I don't want no fights,' said Lennie."
- "Lennie stared helplessly a his hands. 'I forgot, George.'"
- "Why ain't you wanted?"
- "he shook her and her body flopped like a fish. And then she was still, for he had broken her neck."
- "shapeless of face, with large, pale eyes...dragging his feet a little. The way a bear drags his paws."
- "I could get alongso easy and nice if I didn't have you on my tail."
- "[Lennie] said gently. 'George...I ain't go mine. I musta lost it." he looked down at the ground in despair."
- "He's a nice fella. Lennie ain't a bit mean."
- "Lennie, who had been waching, imitaed George exactly."
5 of 5