Relationship With Mickey
- "Linda moves in to protect Mickey." She cares for Mickey, even when they're just playing as children.
- "You stay where you are Mickey." Protects Mickey from going off the bus with Sammy who just threatened the Bus Conductor with a knife.
- "Take no notice Mickey. I love you." She stands up for Mickey in the classroom.
- Tries to get Mickey to kiss her.
- "Mam, Linda's pregnant." - They're in a serious relationship.
- Linda visits Mickey in prison.
- "I need you, I love you. But Mickey, not when you've got them inside you." She wants Mickey to come off the pills because she cares about him so much.
1 of 3
Relationship with Eddie
- She dominates him in the gang. "He is look. Eddie's scared."
- She tries to wind Mickey up by saying, "He's gorgeous, isn't he?"
- "There's a few bob in your pocket and you've got good friends." - The three of them are having a good time together.
- "If I was Mickey, I would of asked you out years ago." Edward feels strongly towards Linda.
- "I suppose I always... Loved you, in a way." She seems unsure about her feelings towards Edward even though he loves her.
- "Suddenly they kiss." She falls in love with Edward.
2 of 3
- "Let's throw some stones through them windows." She's a dare devil and controls what she does with the boys.
- When they're playing as children, she is the person who catches the grenade and throws it back to the soldiers.
- She hits the target with the gun.
- She tells Mickey she loves him numorously.
- She gets Mickey a job and gets them rehoused.
- She's the one who phones Edward and starts the relationship = ends in death.
3 of 3
Similar English Literature resources: